I scoured the internet looking for an easy way to make small puff pastry bites. And I am pleased to say, I struck pastry gold.
This cooking video from Tasty shows how to easily make pastry bites, no matter what filling you want to use. From fresh fruit, to s'mores, to artichoke and spinach, this is the way to stuff your mini pastries.
Put on your cutest apron, watch the video, and easily make pastry puffs with one of the greatest cooking hacks I've found!
- 2 Pastry crusts
- Baking sheet
- Pastry brush
- Rectangle or square cube ice tray
- 2 eggs
- Your choice of filling(s)
- Treat your pastry crusts with flour as you normally would. Cut into rectangles if they aren't already
- Lay the crust softly onto the top of the ice tray
- Gently press the crust down into the cube spaces of the tray
- add your filling to each cube, level to just below the top of the cube.
- Trim the edge of the crust to be even with the edge of the tray
- Lay down the second crust on top and press together smoothly
- Chill it for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400F / 200C
- Turn upside down on your prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press the crusts together around the edge.
- Scramble your eggs in a bowl
- Egg wash the crust
- Bake it for 30 minutes at 400F / 200C
- Cut into individual squares
- Enjoy that pastry goodness!
- Share this baking video and recipe with friends! And share a pastry bite, if you can spare one ;)